Auto Glass Shop — Safety Restoring Your Vehicle’s Windows
Auto Glass Replacement
- Visit the El Paso region’s best auto glass repair shop
- Our top technicians ensure the integrity of your windshield
- Our highly reviewed windshield replacement is guaranteed
- Lone Star Collision is a local auto glass repair shop
- We have quality customer service and top-notch service
- Call us for free quotes on our glass or body work
- We manage all kinds of glass replacement and repair
- Unmatched service for your car or truck!
- We have deals and discounts for returning customers, military, and referrals
- We service the entire El Paso region
Lone Star Collision Center is your answer for repairing any and all types of auto glass issues. When it comes to damage to your windshield or car windows, it is important to take care of the problem right away. Otherwise, a small crack can grow to be a big problem before you expect it. From full replacements to small dime sized chips on the front windshield, we can handle it all.
Our expert auto glass repair shop perform the following:
- Full front windshield replacement- Usually required after a collision or crash that requires the full glass pane to be replaced.
- Front windshield repair- This may occur after a minor collision and is needed when a good size crack or shatter is present.
- Chip, Ding, or Stone Crack- This is a common type of damage, as it can be caused by a small rock or pebble hitting your windshield. The damage may not be bigger than the size of a dime but can easily have big repercussions if left unattended.
- Side window replacement- May be needed after a collision or if any of the side windows or back window of your vehicle are damaged.
- Floater crack- A crack that originates in the middle of your windshield and can be of various depths and lengths. A couple of factors will determine whether it will need to be replaced or repaired.
- Stress crack- This type of damage can form over time or from a minor collision as well as weather conditions.
What You Can Expect
Service generally takes one or two hours, depending on the work that’s needed. A full replacement will ultimately take longer than or a simple repair. Additionally, if your car is in the shop for additional body work, this might take longer, as we may need to perform the body work first. No matter the service, we’ll do our best to provide you with an estimated duration.
Here are a couple of examples of what service will look like:
Fixing a Chip: Depending on the size of the chip or crack, the process will vary. Our technicians will first protect the vehicle then the chip is cleaned with special equipment that extracts the air out of the cracks. The crack is then filled, then the area is polished and cleaned.
Full Glass Replacement: The process of full glass replacement is pretty standard throughout. Technicians remove the old trim first and often use suction cups to pop the old windshield out of the frame. The area is then cleaned out and prepared. New adhesive is then applied to the glass and the frame will get a coating of a urethane adhesive before the new window is carefully installed. The new windshield is then placed before the adhesive dries.
When Do I Need a Full Glass Replacement?
This will depend on several factors. If you were in a collision and the integrity of your window has been compromised, we are likely to recommend a full replacement. This will usually depend on the size, location, severity of the damage. If the damage is about a quarter-sized chip or if the cracks are smaller than three inches long, it is likely to be a candidate for repair. Every case is different, so it’s best to bring in your vehicle and we’ll give you a free estimate.
Working With Your Insurance Company
Lone Star Collision Center works with every car insurance company to ensure you get the most out of your policy. Depending on your situation and whether you have been in an accident, you might be recommended for a full replacement or get your repair fully covered.
Contact Us Today
If you have a question regarding our auto glass services, give us a call at 915-303-7750 or bring your car by the shop located at 700 Horizon Blvd in Socorro, Texas.